Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A productive month, with more to come

These past few weeks have been busy, as I've been gathering info for my next book (Ghosts of Greater Charlotte--or words to that effect!), sitting in on "ghost panels" at various conventions, and even participating in an investigation. Last month, I had the opportunity to join the Charlotte Area Paranormal Society on one of their annual investigations at the Hopewell Presbyterian Church cemetery, just outside of Charlotte. We were there at the anniversary of the death of Revolutionary War General William Davidson (February 1st), and local legend states that his ghost can be seen riding through the cemetery on an equally ghostly horse on this date each year. The setting was certainly eerie enough--a dimly-lit Colonial-era cemetery--and the night was very dark and VERY cold. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pick up any occurrences either on camera or audio, but some of the other team members did end up with a few photos that showed some interesting anomolies. If nothing else, I was very glad for the chance to gain some more investigative experience and had a good time meeting other members of the CAPS team. A big thank-you to Tina McSwain and the other team members for letting me join them in their investigation!

This past weekend, I went to ShevaCon, an annual science-fiction convention held every February in Roanoke, Virginia. While I was there, I had the opportunity to sit in on a ghost panel with members of CPRI (the Center for Parnormal Research and Investigation out of Virgina), and was even able to put in a plug or two for my book! Once again I was glad for the chance to meet and talk with other parnormal researchers, and want to thank Allen Slonaker of CPRI for extending the invitation to join the panel.

On March 13-15, I'll be attending StellarCon, another annual science-fiction/fantasy convention held every year in High Point, NC (www.stellarcon.org). I'll hopefully have the chance to talk a little about my current research, and with any luck the CAPS folks will be there as well. If nothing else, this is a good convention to kick back and relax at!

No comments:

Post a Comment